Silly error message

From: Burkhard Schultheis <bschultheis_at_tde.ra.eunet.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:08:45 +0200

Environment: DEC-UNIX, Pro*C/C++ Release 2.2.2.0.0, Oracle 7

Try the following:
Type in the source test.pc
void main (void)
{

    EXEC SQL CLOSE count;
}

Compile it with
proc iname=test.pc
You will get the error message
(1) PCC-F-02301, cannot reopen input file for reading

This error message is generated because in at least one pass the precompiler expects a file "TEST.PC", not "test.pc". If you create a symbolic link, you can compile this source. OK, you must not use a reserved word, count, for a cursor. But it happened to me when I ported an application from DB2 to Oracle! --
Burkhard Schultheis
Tele Data Electronic Received on Tue Sep 22 1998 - 08:08:45 CDT