newbie - How to use code page translation

From: Matthias Scheerer <Matthias.Scheerer_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 09:30:21 +0200

Hello,
for a few days I have a problem using code page translation: I connect to an oracle database via ODBC (Oracle7). My problem: The special german signs like öäü don't appear correct on my client. I tried to use the translation option in the Oracle7 ODBC Setup, but the problems still there. Do I have to write a translator and how? Received on Tue Sep 22 1998 - 02:30:21 CDT