Re: ORA-1041 Error

From: <jvilla_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 06:58:51 GMT

In article <6u6cfc$mof$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   cdoganay_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Platform:HP-UX 11.00
> Oracle Version:8.0.4.0
>
> While we were exporting some rows, we encountered ORA-1041 ,w hich is
>
> 01041, 00000, "internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist"
> // *Cause: Pointer to hstdef extension in hstdef is null.
> // *Action: Report as a bug

[snip]

Do you use the oracle tools or a custom export program ? There are bug reports mentioning that error on http://technet.oracle.com (try searching "ORA-01041"). I recently came across that error in a different context : win95 client connected to a NT server. The client PC had the power savings settings enabled in the BIOS and when it entered suspend state the network card was disabled. On wake-up the client program reported this strange error instead of a sql*net error.

Hope this helps,

Jérôme Villafruela
RFI Informatique
Seyssinet-Pariset - France