Oracle Objects for OLE and VB Error 438

From: Tim Romano <tim_at_ot.com>
Date: 1998/09/21

I'd appreciate assistance in explaining an error encountered when trying to reference an array of Oracle Obejcts for OLE recordsets; the problem may have nothing to do with oo4o and may be strictly a VB question, but perhaps not.

I have two forms; the first calls the second. In Form_One's declarations, there is this;

Dim ooors( ) as Object

and ooors( ) is ReDIMensioned and then assigned during the course of that form's events.

In Form_Two, I want to reference an element in ooors(). This can be done by FormName, but not by Form(index) as I had hoped to do. Here's the result of the immediate window:

?Forms(1).name

F_CUSTOMER
?F_CUSTOMER.ooors(1).recordcount

 1

?Forms(1).ooors(1).recordcount [gets error 438]

Why can't I reference this using
Form(index).ArrayOfObjects(offset).property ?

Thanks for any insights.
Tim
tim_at_ot.com Received on Mon Sep 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT