Re: Project Cascade vs Oracle 8i vs Samba?

From: David Collier-Brown <davecb_at_canada.sun.com>
Date: 1998/09/21

 Chad Schrock wrote:
> We have the same problem on our Auspicies and NetApp: if you
> change the permissions on the UNIX side, it clobbers the NT
> permissions. Same deal the other way around. The permissions
> work Ok if one of them is set up for some sort of "global user."

        It's hard to tell what you're saying here...

	Saying ``chmod a-w foo'' is supposed to remove all
	write access to a file, including any acls which
	give individuals access to the file.

	Specifically, with a file foo and an simplified acl command
		touch foo
		chmod o-w foo
		acl fred+w foo
	foo should be readable by user (possibly group) abd one other
	person, fred.

	If you then say
		chmod o-w foo
	then fred's acl should be deleted.

	Is this the behavior you speak of? The standard I'm referencing
	is the ``grey book'', at http://www.radium.ncsc.mil...

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,  | Cherish your enemies.  They're harder to
185 Ellerslie Ave.,   | come by than friends and more motivated.