Oracle Database Monitoring Ideas

From: Andrew Cooper <alcooper_at_deakin.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:50:14 +1100

Hi All,

I am working on setting up a monitoring system for our Oracle databases here at Deakin University. We want to look at things like the number of objects per schema, number of user connected at any one time, size of objects etc... Basically we would like to monitor things on the object and user level only. We are not interested in tablespace sizes etc..

Does anyone out there have any good monitoring ideas, or know of any good scripts which I can use or modify to suit.

I can be reached at: alcooper_at_deakin.edu.au

Regards,

Andrew Cooper
Analyst/Programmer - DBA Group
Information Technology Services
Deakin University Geelong Australia Received on Mon Sep 21 1998 - 23:50:14 CDT