Re: newbie question

From: <attwoody_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 00:30:19 GMT

In article <Ezn02s.FM8.0.bloor_at_torfree.net>,   cc658_at_torfree.net (John Nguyen) wrote:
> hello gurus,
>
> I am somewhat new to Oracle and wonder if someone can tell me how I can
> go about finding what all the stored procedures and triggers are. And
> how to print them out etc.
>
> thanks

There are several ways you can do this:

  1. In SQL*Plus or Server Manager (line mode):
     select distinct owner, object_name, object_type from dba_objects
     where object_type = 'PROCEDURE'
     or object_type = 'TRIGGER';

     Or, for triggers:

     select owner, trigger_name, table_owner, table_name from dba_triggers;

 2. If you have Oracle Enterprise Manager on a Windows95/Windows NT machine,

    you can click on the Schema Manager, and you'll see icons listing     Procedures, Triggers, Synonyms, etc. If you can execute the GUI version     of Server Manager, you can click on the 'Schema Objects' heading (I'm not     sure of the exact wording) and it will show you the objects you're looking     for

    Remember that your TNSNAMES.ORA file must be configured for any client-     based Oracle products accessing the database.

I hope this helps. Take care