can't get DBD-Oracle to install

From: <khai_at_expert-market.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 20:27:33 GMT

hello everyone,
i'm trying to install dbd-oracle-0.45 on a sco-unix release5, and i got this error:

$ perl Makefile.PL
Can't load module DBI, dynamic loading not available in this perl.   (You may need to build a new perl executable which either supports   dynamic loading or has the DBI module statically linked into it.)  at Makefile.PL line 17
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 17.

two days ago, i tried to reinstall perl5.004 with dynamic loading and it didn't compile. so i'm wondering how do you make dbi-0.87 to statically link to perl so that dbd would compile. please email me at khai_at_my-dejanews.com if you has a solution. thanks lots khai