What you see is NOT what you get... Oracle Forms 4.5 for Solaris..

From: Mark S. Reichman <reichmanm_at_removethis.rl.af.mil.>
Date: 18 Sep 98 18:13:39 GMT

Ok.. Lets keep this simple. We are using Designer 4.5.9.7.0 for Solaris..

I am using the layout editor for 4.5 forms in solaris. The forms are then sent through some sort of an applet generator so the forms can be viewed through netscape. I hope the following code describes what is actually going on to the more knowledgeable.

   htp.p('<APPLET CODE="oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Main" CODEBASE="/web_forms/" ARCHIVE="f45all.jar" width=0 height=0>

<PARAM NAME="serverPort" VALUE="9000">
<PARAM NAME="serverArgs" VALUE="module=chief_menu.fmx
theuser='||username||' userid=xxxx/xxxx"></APPLET>');

   htp.bodyclose;

Problem is... After the forms are converted to applets they do not look like they did in the layout editor. Text, especially, is shifted and does not line up with the fields of the form. If you line things up in the layout editor they will not be lined up in the applet version. How do I fix this? Is there a default file for this applet generater that needs to be changed or something?

Secondly.. You have to click in a field to make the applet the active window. You do not have to do this in the generated form from the forms generator. How do I make the applet automatically active as soon as it rendors on the screen from Netscape?

Third.. The vertical/horizontal scrollbars will not show in the applet however they do show up in the generated form in solaris. Received on Fri Sep 18 1998 - 13:13:39 CDT