How to configure tnsnames.ora

From: Karin <karin.anjou_at_egs.ericsson.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:43:54 +0200

Hi!
I have a problem that probably is due to wrongly configured tnsnames.ora file. My db is in one solaris machine and when I run my program with OCI there it all works just fine. But I want to run it on a different Solaris machine. When I do that I receive this error message: TNS-12545.
I think that my problem is that my Connect_DATA (SID, GLOBAL_DATA)parameters are wrongly configured. What is supposed to be in those? And what relation to the service-name should they have? Most thankful for answers!
/Karin Received on Fri Sep 18 1998 - 02:43:54 CDT