Oracle <> ODBC <> IIS - Webserver hangs

From: <arneunneland_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/09/17

Hello!

We have a project where we have some problems. We are using Oracle and IIS. We're using ADO to connect to the database. When the server restarts everything works fine. After 2-10 minutes it does not work fine (not heavy load). The webserver hangs. This happens to all file which is using ADO. All other ASP/HTML files works fine and the DB works fine.

It seems to stop working after a insert/update. This doesn't happen on the first or second change. There is no rule when this happens and it could be a coinsidence.

System spec:
  Intel Pentium II Dual
  Windows NT Server 4.0 (SP3)
  Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.3
  Microsoft ODBC Driver (2.73.72.8301)
  ADO 1.5 (1.50.2603)
  IIS 4.0 That's not the whole story. We have a server with almost the same configuration. The main difference is that the other server runds Oracle 7.3.2.3 and some slightly different versions of some other drivers (ODBC and ADO the same). Here it works fine (over a month in production - same application).

Does anyone have an idea? Any known patch for IIS?, ADO 2.0?, InterSolv ODBC Drivers?. Other way to access Oracle data from ASP?

--

Arne Unneland