Re: Date format..

From: Michael A. G. Möller <m2_at_get2net.dk>
Date: 1998/09/17

Donald Yeh wrote
> You'ld try to set 'NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE=ENGLISH'.

Surley you meant NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE=FRENCH ! :-)

> Videoway wrote:
>
> > But we want the day's and month's names printed in french.
> > e.g: Lundi 10-aout-1998.

Btw, this is an enviroment variable(UNIX), Logical(OpenVMS) or Registryvalue(Windows) you set at the client side (there where the report executes) not in the database.

If you have PL/SQl code modules which use TO_DATE(chr.string) then these char strings have to use the new french format (and at this point it gets so deep, you'd better read the manual :-) Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT