Re: Oracle NT vs Oracle UNIX

From: Joe Brown <NoSpamMeVeryMuch_at_leading.net>
Date: 1998/09/17

takakami_at_iag.net (Takafumi Kamiya) wrote:

> Plus, you can have only one Oracle_home in NT....
>
> You can't create another OH for patch testing, etc on the same box.

That's not entirely factual.

Oracle has been working on multiple homes in Windows for a while now. Looks like the might have pulled it off with Oracle8.

I havn't experimented with it and probably won't until Oracle9 or Oracle10.

But it looks like they have buggerd up the windows registry enough to segrigate mutiple homes.

--
joebrown
@leading.net