Legato Storage Manager installation

From: George Jansen <gjansen_at_cs.umd.edu>
Date: 17 Sep 1998 13:55:46 GMT

Where I work, we have Legato Networker + EBU for our 7.3.3 database backups, but do not have Legato Storage Manager now installed for 8.0.4. This leads to the following questions:

  1. The documentation for 8.0.4 on Solaris 2.x implies that I must install and create a database in order to have orainst install LSM. Is this so?
  2. Would there be adverse consequences if I were to run pkgadd from the cdrom? If so, what would they be?
  3. Will any of this, proper or improper, affect the operation of EBU?

Thanks,

George Jansen Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 08:55:46 CDT