Re: CREATE PROCEDURE compilation error, what is wrong?

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: 1998/09/16

On 16 Sep 1998 13:58:54 GMT, "Wayne Larimore" <dwljr_at_ionet.net> wrote:

>I am attempting to create a procedure through sqlplus. I have successfully
>creating other procedures, but the following one is giving me a problem.
>It does have several parameters (45)... Is there a limit? I don't find any
>constraints in the manual....

And what are the problems it causes? Does it refuse to compile? Or does it return errors when it executes?

The number of parameters is certanly not a problem. You can replace the body of the procedure (between the declaration and exception part) with a simple statement "NULL;" and it will compile without problems.

Are you sure you don't have any incompatible datatypes in your INSERT statement? And does your PROFILE table has exactly 45 columns? And are the columns in your VALUES clause in the correct order?

>Any help will be appreciated,
>wayne.larimore_at_alltel.com

HTH,

--