Re: Project Cascade vs Oracle 8i vs Samba?

From: Jon Piesing <jon_at_prl.philips.co.uk>
Date: 1998/09/16

Jeremy Allison (jeremy_at_netcom.com) wrote: : lailert_at_slip.net (Supak Lailert) writes:

: >Fully support of NT ACLs? Also Cascade provides more services such as PDC.

: Funny you should mention ACL's - they're the next : thing I'm going to be coding into the Samba-2 tree :-).

If Cascade does NT file level ACL's then we will look at it carefully.

We bought our current NT server mainly because the NT people wanted file level ACLs and none of the Unix packages offering NT file serving included file level ACLs.

Jon Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT