Tunning the Block Visits

From: Roman Gelfand <rgelfand_at_masmid.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:56:13 -0400

Does it make sense to have block_size * multiblock_read_count > 64k?

The current allocation on my database is 8k block_size and 16 multiread_block_count. It seem to kill my optimizer, because the optimizer thinks that a full table scan is better than access by unique index in a concat situation.

What is the recomended amount for the block_size/multiread_block_count combination?

Thanks for your help Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 16:56:13 CDT