SQL date inquiry

From: Paul Newcomb <pen_at_swl.msd.ray.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:46:31 -0400

Can someone explain this : a select for a date field such as "= '25-AUG-98' " returns no rows, but changing the "=" to "like" does return the desired rows...I realize that date fields also include time information, but I'm wondering why "like" works without the usual "%" wildcard. Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 09:46:31 CDT