Re: OWS and Extranet

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 06:16:47 GMT

Hi

> Does anyone have an extranet making use of the Oracle Web Server?

> I need to set one up for a project Im working on, and the issues
> surrounding (security, etc) are getting pretty brutal.
>
> Id sure appreciate hearing some lessons learned.

Havn't looked at security in depth yet, but I am sure that like the Apache you should be able to restrict your access based on the users IP address. If you can't get that to work what you could do is have a table of IP addresses of sites that can access your system and then read the cgi environment to get the client's IP do alookup and verify