Re: Question about Oracle Enterprise manager

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/09/14

This is a minor OLE error.

Exit all Oracle Enterprise Manager applications. Then, run the registry file for the daemon (vod.reg). If this still fails, run the daemon separately. (vod.exe). If this still fails, reboot the PC and immediately exit all Oracle Enterprise Manager applications and run the registry file for the daemon (vod.reg).

Since Oracle Enterprise Manager relies on OLE, Oracle Enterprise Manager cannot run in this case. The user should quit all Oracle Enterprise Manager applications (possibly checking task viewer for VOD or others). The PC may require a reboot to reset the OLE information.

Hope this helps.

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998 23:42:56 -0400, Jack Zhu <jackzhu_at_monmouth.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>OS: NT+SP3
>Oracle 7.33
>IBM-PC Pentium
>
>when I try to run "enterprise manager", the error message is "VOC-00112:
>Failed to locate Oracle Daemon Process. Is it registered?"
>
>What does it mean? How to solve it?
>
>Thanks a lot!!
>
>Please e mail me!
>
>jackzhu_at_monmouth.com

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT