Re: Server and Net8 vs ODBC?

From: Mark Tomlinson <marktoml_at_gdi.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:23:28 GMT

Designer will use SQL*NET or Bequeath to make the connection to Oracle, not ODBC. So the version of Designer would be important to using it for connection to Oracle 8.0.5 (I don't know enough about that product to help you there). The 8.0.5.x series of products (and 7.3.4 I believe) are certified to work on Windows 98, I haven't seen any problems at least with either of those on Windows 98. Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 14:23:28 CDT