[Q] Can I create a sequence in PL/SQL?

From: Chris Muir <cmuir_at_mitswa.com.au.no.spam>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 06:20:36 GMT

Howdy.

I'm currently trying to write a PL/SQL package that resets sequence numbers in Oracle8. To do this I have to read the sequences parameters, drop the sequence, and then recreate it with the original parameters.

Currently my package works fine right up to the bit where I attempt to recreate the sequence. An exception is raised with sqlerrm reporting 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges'.

What is odd here is that the user does have privileges to create sequences. The user can create the sequence with the exactly same parameters in SQL*Plus.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Muir
Cmuir_at_mitswa.com.au.no.spam

If you wish to contact me just remove the '.no.spam' from the email address above. Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 01:20:36 CDT