Re: Web-Interface with Oracle 7.3 using IIS 3.0 / NT 4.0

From: <fwagner_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 06:51:22 GMT

In article <35F9664F.6B28_at_kepler.fal.de>,   buecken <buecken_at_kepler.fal.de> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I try to establish a web-interface using Oracle 7.3 as Database and the
> Internet Information Server 3.0 as HTTP-Server. Unfortunatelly Microsoft
> gives only explanations how to connect to the SQL-Server via ODBC. It
> would be nice if somebody would be able to to give me advice in
> formulating a "idc" script properly connecting to Scott/Tiger.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Stefan

Hello Stefan!

I tried the same and failed, because Oracle doesn't understand the SQL that Access97 generates. I've posted a question here a few months ago. There is also a small example of a idc script.
If you are able to change the sql code within the idc file, so that Oracle understands it, it will work. But you have to know Oracle SQL.

Here my Question:

With MSAccess97 generated idc-files don't work with Oracle 7.3 databases. (But they work with Access97 databases)

What I'm trying to do: I try to build dynamic HTML pages with MSAccess97 querying a Oracle 7.3 database. I generate idc and htx files with Access97. The idc files contain a MSAccess97 SQL Statment. Then I put the idc and htx files on the Internet Information Server. When I call the Standardwebpage on the IIS Serverwith the internet explorer on a client in the intranet, apparently the internet database connector can't use the idc file correclty with the Oracle 7.3 database.

Example:
The idc file:
"Datasource:intra_oracle
Template:Artikel_1.htx
SQLStatement:SELECT * FROM [ARTIKEL]
Password:tiger
Username:scott"

The Error: Fehler bei der Durchführung
[State=37000][Error=903][INTERSOLV][ODBC Oracle driver][Oracle] ORA-00903: invalid table name

If I change the idc file to:
"Datasource:intra_oracle
Template:Artikel_1.htx
SQLStatement:SELECT * FROM ARTIKEL
Password:tiger
Username:scott"

Then it works, an I don't get an error.

Questions: 1.What can I do, that the IIS translates the SQLstatment within the idc file generated by MSAccess7, so that the SQLstatement works with a Oracle 7.3 database. Because I can't translate the SQLstatement manually.

2. Is there any called "sql-translate-dll" (described in the IIS documentatation")

3.Could an other ODBC driver fix the prblem

So far my question. This idc page Access generates and you can change it when opening the idc file with the editor. So just change the sql statement (Another Problem: the function "date" in Access97 is totally different to the function in Oracle SQL)

I hope that helped you a little bit.

Please let me know if you get to know how I can fix my problem

Thanks

My name is Florian. My e-mail: f_m_w_at_yahoo.com