SYSDBA Authentication on NT

From: Bill Buchan <bbuchan_at_ossian.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:57:23 +0100

Can anyone help me find the missing step? I'm trying to set up connection to the database without a password. I have created a WinNT local group called ORA_<SID>_DBA, <SID> being my database SID, added myself to this group and changed the NET80\ADMIN\SQLNET.ORA file: SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS) However, when I connect / as sysdba I get ORA-01031: insufficient privileges. (I have SET INSTANCE <SID>). I can connect fine as internal with the password.

What is the magic ingredient that I'm missing here?!

Any help much appreciated,