win 95, SQL interaction

From: <Gary.Moore_at_lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 14:36:55 GMT

I am trying to use MS Excel and MS Access as a front end to view databse information on an AIX machine running Oracle SQL database. I went to oracle.com and downloaded the ODBC 7 drivers for Win95, and installed them on the machine. Through Excel, I tried to add a new Data Source, but when I get to the username/password dialog window, it says it can't connect to the server. All network connections are working (telnet, etc...).

Anyone know anything that I am missing?

Thanks in Advance,
Gary