[ontopofIT] Oracle Announces Oracle 8i Database Server

From: <news_at_ontopofit.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:45:54 GMT

Hello all,

        We would like to invite the comp.databases.oracle.misc community to share in the discussion of the following IT story:

        In a story we'll be following all day, Oracle will be formally announcing the 8i database at a Larry Ellision love-in in New York. 8i, code-named Emerald, was previously to be named 8.1. It was renamed by Mr. Ellison himself as part of a strategy to position this release as the "Internet" version of Oracle. The first article covering the story today is at News.com.

Come join the discussion at ontopofIT!

This story has just been posted at:
 http://www.ontopofit.com/articles/980914/0918256.shtml .

        Notes: The full text of the article includes the links, which I have stripped here because many newsreaders don't grok html. Some have also told me that it would be good to mention that ontopofIT carries no ads.

Yours truly,
Paul,
news_at_ontopofit.com Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 08:45:54 CDT