Re: INFORMIX TO ORACLE PLEASE HELP ME

From: lee-tin cheng <lcheng_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 20:00:54 GMT

I did Informix database to Oracle 7.3.2 conversion at beginning of this year for one of the major billing database. I would like to share my steps with you

  1. extract schema infromation from Informix
  2. extract data from Informix
  3. Convert Informix schema to Oracle schema
  4. Write data loading scripts to load Informix data into Oracle tables
  5. Backup Informix database
  6. Create Oracle database
  7. Create Oracle tablespace
  8. Create application objects(schema from informix)
  9. Load Informix data into Oracle database
  10. Add referential Integrity if any
  11. Test your Oracle database If you design you r database correctly, you will see a significant performance gain in your Oracle database

Good Luck