Re: How to Logout from OS(Sco Unix) through Sql*Menus(Oracle 7.1)

From: Peter A Fein <p-fein_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:49:22 GMT

nagparag_at_hotmail.com writes:

> Dear Friends,
> I Have got Oracle 7.1 on Unix Platform with Sql*Menus loaded.
> In my menu I have got a option called as "EXIT"
> when I select this Option I should Logout from the System so that end user
> should not fiddle with OS files.
> While Logging in also it is been taken Care he/she will not able to get
> OS prompt.
>
> I have tried with writing a Shell Script with just "exit" in it and try
> Executing that file from Sql*Menu option ,but this does'nt actually logout.

The proper approach is to make Sql*Menus the user's shell. Add the full path to /etc/shells and make the change in /etc/passwd for each user. When they log in, they'll immediately be taken to this prog & will log out when they exit. You may want to wrap it in a shell script if you need to set environment variables.

--

Peter A Fein                                           Summering in SF!
Home: 650-571-6476                                   Work: 650-628-2172