Migrating Oracle applications between platforms

From: <cary_at_nams.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:46:45 GMT

Does anyone have any experience developing Oracle applications (both character- mode and Web Application Server-based) with Des2k/Dev2k on one computer/OS platform and targeting another? My company sells a product on SCO Unix boxes, but we have the option of developing on either SCO Openserver V or Windows NT 4.0. It turns out that the latter is preferable since it will be less expensive to obtain the Oracle development software through the Alliance program. However, if there are any difficulties associated with developing on NT and transferring to SCO, we will opt to develop on SCO from the start. I am aware that one has to be careful with fonts, for example, but are there other, more troublesome, issues involved? Thanks.