HowTo : implement Textarea with wrapping text

From: Brian Richardson <RichaBK_at_kscgws00.ksc.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:31:35 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to create a text region (using htp.formTextarea cmds) that, when displayed on a web page will force text to wrap around to the next line when the user types in their text. I have created a form which includes a number of other user data entry fields in addition to this text region, and I would like to keep everything in one 'page' so to speak.

Using Oracle Web Server, Oracle v7.3.x database, PC/Netscape client, PL/SQL, and packages (Sun hardware and OS); I have done the following:

htp.formTextareaOpen('text_name',',5,'32',NULL,NULL);

When the web page comes up; I can enter text into the region; but instead of wrapping around to the next line, it continues on to the right, forcing the displayed page to scroll to the right. I'm hoping there is a flag or attribute that I can set which will invoke text wrapping.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Brian Richardson Received on Fri Sep 11 1998 - 07:31:35 CDT