Re: Need for Skilled Oracle People Bogus?

From: Alan D. Mills <alanmNOSPAM_at_uk.europe.mcd.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:43:55 +0100

This is always a difficult question to answer.

Firstly, as for people hiring those with experience only. If you were hiring and you had a choice between two people, one with experience and one without, which would you liely choose. You can;t really blame people for looking for experience. However, this doesn't help you much does it.

You didn't state what other skills you do have experience in. In the UK I often see ads looking for people with experience in skill X but looking to expand in to Oracle. This would be a good starting point for you to look I think. Look for job ads for skills you have but wiht the magical pharse 'Oracle and/or SQL skills advantageous'. This will indicate a job move into the Oracle arena.

It's difficult. I have a very good friend who is prifient in his skill (Borland C++ Builder this time). He runs about the largest web site for it anywhere, is always helpoing people with problems yet can find no work anywhere because his CV (Resume) is void of previous emplyment for the skill.

If you find an answer I'd be interested in hear it.

Good luck and don't give up.

--
Alan D. Mills

<1998091103544300.XAA28342_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>...