Oracle transparant gateway OR not?

From: Anthony Ithurbure <anthony.ithurbure_at_klm.nl>
Date: 11 Sep 1998 07:22:08 GMT

  1. Should we be using the Oracle transparant gateway to move large amounts of data (200Mb +) from Oracle/SUN/Unix to DB2/MVS ?
  2. Is there a significant difference in processing time for a job (in our case running on SUN/Unix) to unload data from a legacy system's Oracle db to a new Oracle output file as opposed to a flat file. Again for the same 200Mb +

Or is FTP-ing flat files a wiser thing to do?

pl adv!

rgds Anthony
Business Analyst,
KLM Royal Dutch AIrlines Received on Fri Sep 11 1998 - 02:22:08 CDT