Oracle OLE object

From: <grey1969_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:05:10 GMT

I'm using the Oracle OLE object to talk to Oracle with Visual Basic, and I've been having problems creating an oraDynaset. I can create the dynaset with a variable declared as an Object, but not an oraDynaset. The problem with the oraDynaset is that the recordset contains the values from the SQL, but the values are in unicode, and I don't want to have to translate them all.

The thing that confuses me is that a different machine running NT 4.0 gets the data, and it isn't unicode. Anyone have any ideas?