OWS 7.3 upgrade to O8

From: <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:43:49 GMT

We are currently running OWS 7.3 on a couple of NT 3.51 boxes. I have been tasked with upgrading both the OS (to NT 4.0) and the DBMS (to Oracle 8). I would like to do this in two stages, upgrading the OS first, then -- after a shakedown period -- upgrading the RDBMS.

We have multiple databases on each server, with Oracle installed to the D: drive and the datbases components (tablespaces, logs, etc.) scattered across D:, E:, and F:.

Can anyone point me to any tech papers that will be of assistance, or have any personal experiences ('gotchas') to relate?

--

Ed Stevens
Nissan Motor Mfg. Corp., USA