Re: Converting RDB to Oracle7

From: John W. Frank <jfrank_at_icdc.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 01:32:14 -0400

We're using a tool called PRISM (a Pro-Cobol code generator and data repository tool) to create extraction routines which enable date and type conversions, in addition to providing counts, etc. I'm not advocating it in particular, just mentioning that its there.

Otherwise, you can use one of the RMU unload or extract options provided with RDB to unload the data. The .RRD will produced will help you when you need to know data types to create sql loader scripts.