Re: Newbie question on character-mode

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: 1998/09/09

cary_at_nams.net wrote:

>I am currently testing out Des2k/Dev2k for my development team and have
>gotten my feet wet with some simple GUI forms. One of our first development
>tasks, however, will be to generate some basic character-mode applications,
>and so far I have not found very much information regarding character-mode
>issues in the documentation that came with Des2k/Dev2k. Can someone tell me
>how to go about building character-mode apps? What do I have to do during
>the development process? Is it necessary to invoke the Forms runtime engine
>in character-mode, and if so, how? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in
>advance.

Unless I have misinterpreted your note, you want to create a character-based app using a GUI tool... This is difficult, since the latest versions of Forms ( 4.x ,5,x) are designed for a 'Windows' environment....I suppose you could use SqlPlus to develop your app ( using the accept,prompt and formatting commands to create the 'look and feel' for the app) but Des2k/Dev2K are GUI development tools and may not be the right tool for the job you need to do - Perhaps others have used them to do this ( using 'Oraterm', the terminal definition tool, to set up a character based form ) but there may be better development programs out there to help.

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Wed Sep 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT