Re: Very long report loading

From: Shane and Cindy Bentz <scbentz_at_itis.com>
Date: 1998/09/09

I'm not too informed on Reports, but only a couple things come to mind.

  1. You have some code in the BeforeParameterFormTrigger which is either accessing the database or taking a long time to do something ..... or .....
  2. It's just the normal time that the Reports runtime engine needs in order to come up. When you are already in Reports Designer, you don't notice the startup time, but from Forms, not only does it need to fire up the runtime executable off of either your local drive or a network drive, but it is also connecting you to your database for you before pulling up the Param Form of your report.

This second option is probably the more probably cause if I had to choose between these two options. If you generally have a long connection time, then this may be the reason. Of course, I would check with other people to get second opinions on this before doing anything drastic.

Shane.