Re: Oracle Performance Tunning Tools

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/09/09

Morris and Thomas (if you guys really exists), That product from Platinum Technology isn't up to par. It's a rip-off and doesn' do anything for anyone. You are better off using utlbstat and utlestat, seeing how those are free. For SQL tuning, the explain and tkprof utilities are much better. Platinum Technology is really crappy software and thier ways of advertising on newsgroups, is very insulting on everyone's intelligence. Normally I would simply ignore such scams in advertising on newsgroups, but you guys should be honest and straight foward on your advertising instead of hiding behind false postings.

Satar Naghshineh

In article <6t6271$6bq$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   thomasj_at_platinum.com wrote:
> In article <6t494a$l4h$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
> morris_newsgroup_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> > Can someone suggest some tools out in the market which can be used to help
> > and ease the tunning process? I'm sure there is something better than the
> > Explain Plan in Oracle. I've heard a tool from Platinum Technology. But I
> > don't the name of it. If someone can comment on it, that would be great.
 If