ORACLE-SQL : Sequence Problem (Need SQL GURUS)

From: <azhan98_at_tm.net.my>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 03:34:23 GMT

Please advice me on this problem......

I create a sequence say s_mysequence
The sequnce will increment its value by 1. From my understanding, sequnce will alway increase its value when called. (Or can we reset the value?).

Here's the problem:
How can I write the code (SQL or PL/SQL or SQL*PLUS)that will increase the sequence value until it match the value of other parameter value and reset its value back to 1.

I have to do this since I want my sequnce to be dynamic. Let say I enter parameter 3

My code will generate some number like this

Whatever-Wharever1-A1
Whatever-Wharever1-A2
Whatever-Wharever1-A3

The next run, if I enter parameter 4, using the same sequence (or is there any other way? I don't want to create other new sequence every time) My code will generate some number like this

Whatever-Wharever2-A1
Whatever-Wharever2-A2
Whatever-Wharever2-A3
Whatever-Wharever2-A4

If the sequence is not dynamic and cannot be reset, this is the value I will get

Whatever-Wharever2-A4
Whatever-Wharever2-A5
Whatever-Wharever2-A6
Whatever-Wharever2-A7

Worst to worst, can I reset the sequence number (is it possible?) Can anybody give me some ideas..............PLEASE...............

Newbie,
Norazman