How can I store a mathrix in a table

From: Julio G. Suarez <jgonzalezs_at_nexo.es>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 22:09:13 GMT

Hi all. I'm working with Oracle 7.3 and this is my trouble for the week:
Supose that we want to store the history of faults on pieces, so we need a table with the piece code and the fault number as primary key. The damage is described by a 10 x 10 square pattern, like this:

0 1 2 3 ... 10
1

2      x  x
3      x

10

In this example, the damage (shown whith an "x") is on the points (2,2), (2,3) and (3,2).

In order to store this kind of data, I have think on three ways: 1.- Add 100 boolean-like columns to the fault's table. 2.- Add 10 number columns whith the translated to decimal ten bit binary number.
3.- Create a child table whith as rows as damaged points for a fault.

Could you suggest me the best way?

Thanks! Received on Wed Sep 09 1998 - 17:09:13 CDT