Re: Help!! Can I use DBMS_SQL package from Forms 4.5?

From: <interld808_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 19:46:45 GMT

I ran into a couple of problems with DBMS_SQL and 16-bit Forms 4.5 and Graphics 2.5. I do not know if the problem persists in your version. It involved a mismatch in the underlying PL/SQL versions of Developer 1.3 that did not support the parameter overloading used in the DBMS_SQL package.

I ended up making stored procedures for the DBMS_SQL procedures I would use. Since my procedures had strict data typing and single parameter definitions, I could call them from Developer. The procedures then called DBMS_SQL procedures, passing the parameters straight in and out from the original calling program.

Hope that helps.