Re: Problem: OCI, C++, and Netscape Web Server

From: Bob Withers <Bob.Withers_at_mci.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 20:08:05 GMT

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.misc and a copy was sent to Andy Morrical at morran_at_ncs.com.]

In article <35F582FA.43AC_at_ncs.com>, morran_at_ncs.com says...
> I have a C++ program that has Oracle's OCI functions linked into, and it
> runs like a charm at the command line. When I try it from the Web it
> gives me Oracle error 1019, and can't connect to the database.
>
> BTW 1019 is the following:
> ORA-01019 unable to allocate memory in the user side
>
> Cause: The user side memory allocator returned an error.
>
> Action: Increase the size of the process heap or switch to the old set
> of calls.
>
> The system I am using is AIX 4.2, Oracle 7.3.2, and Netscape Server
> 2.01. Also I am using AIX's C++.
>
> Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Be sure the ORACLE_HOME, etc environment variables are set. Attempting to connect without ORACLE_HOME set can result in a ORA-1019. No I can't explain it. :-)

Bob Received on Tue Sep 08 1998 - 15:08:05 CDT