Re: HELP: Web Development

From: Richard Leigh <rleigh_at_deakin.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 09:05:32 +1000

I build my front-ends using JAVA with the 100% JAVA JDBC drivers supplied by Oracle free on their Web site. This works like a treat.

When accessing via the web, delivery can be by two methods depending what platform - Using appache 1.3.1 I wrap the java app in a shell cgi which works nicely. Using IIS 3/4 I use java servlets.

As for tools - Oracle has released a JDeveloper which is basically Borlands (inprise) JBuilder with the Oracle libraries built-in and some customised wizards.

Richard Leigh
Deakin University