Does a database link influence performance

From: kerkhofm <michel.kerkhoff_at_prive.ordina.nl>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 20:37:13 +0200

Hi,

For management reporting we developed a datawarehouse in Oracle 7.3 (although we're not allowed to call it a DW, we have to call it QueryDatabase for some obscure reason). Anyway, though most data is in one database we need a databaselink to get some of the most up to data from the production database.
I have a few questions about databaselinks : 1. Does a databaselink influences performance in anyway. 2. How bulletproof is it when selecting huge amounts of data

Regards,
Michel Kerkhoff
Holland Received on Mon Sep 07 1998 - 13:37:13 CDT