prb with SQL*LOADER

From: B. Lelangue <lelangue_at_sia.ucl.ac.be>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 09:23:48 +0200

Hi,
Here is my problem :

I try to append new rows into a table like following with SQL*LOADER: Key1 key2 seq_number1 seq_number2

                            --> index on (Key1,key2)
AAA  BBB    1          1
AAA  CCC    3          1
AAA  FFF    2          1
CCC  EEE    1          1

I have a infile like
"AAA","BBB","1"
"AAA","BBB","1" -->seq_number2
"AAA","CCC","3"
"AAA","FFF","2"
"CCC","EEE","1"
"DDD","BBB","1"
my csh is
sqlldr userid = user/pass_at_TEST control=redaction.ctl log=redaction.log direct=true

my ctl is
LOAD DATA
INFILE 'file.dat'
BADFILE 'file.bad'
DISCARDFILE 'file.dsc'
DISCARDMAX 50
APPEND
INTO TABLE cvw_redac
FIELDS TERMINATED BY "," OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' TRAILING NULLCOLS
(

num_auteur,
num_pub,
num_seq,
num_seq_pub

)

I want to append the table : only the last rows of my infile (up) should be loaded.
If Direct is set to FALSE in the csh, I got a constraint error. If Direct is set to TRUE in the csh, ALL infile's rows are loaded !

Is it because I have only 3 informations in my infile instead of 4 ? Must I change my indexes ?
Must I generate a default value for seq_number2 with the CONSTANT option in the ctl ?

TIA
Bertrand Lelangue, Catholic University of Louvain la Neuve , Belgium. Received on Mon Sep 07 1998 - 02:23:48 CDT