Re: Error when running svrmgrm after install of Oracle 7.3.4 on HP-UX 10.20 ACE3.0.

From: Silvio Seifert <Silvio.Seifert_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1998/09/06

On Wed, 02 Sep 1998 15:15:42 GMT, john.freeman_at_bellsouth.net wrote:

>In article <6se05h$vbc$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
> rtgraf_at_sintec.de wrote:
>> The Installer for 7.3.4 seems to be buggy on
>> other unices as well.
>>
>> We had problems under HP-UX and under SCO. The
>> usual solution was to copy the *entire* CD to
>> the harddisk and then patching the orainst shell
>> script manually.
>>
>> Robert.
>>
>> In article <35E87FFB.A9063FE2_at_cup.hp.com>,
>> Matthew Carlson <dicen_at_cup.hp.com> wrote:
>> > I have installed oracle 7.3.4 on a C180 running HP-UX 10.20 ACE3.0.
>> >
>> > Upon running svrmgrm I get the following error whenever I attempt
>> > anything in the server manager gui.
>> >
>> > MGR-02182: an error occurred while executing the default action
>> > TK2-000001: an undefined Oracle Toolkit II failure occurred
>> >
>> > I have attempted numerous reinstalls with different software. The first
>> > problem I had was /usr/lib not being linked in the oracle server
>> > manager. I had to tell it to link the executables upon install.
>> >
>> > I have read the README file for oracle server manager and ran the sql
>> > scripts. No effect.
>> >
>> > This is a new oracle install, with orainst creating the database objects
>> > for the first time. No updates. I see the same thing when installing
>> > from cdrom, and a staging area. I have not relined the XA library (if
>> > svrmgrm uses it) but attempting to fails. I have found the installer
>> > fairly buggy on HP-UX. Oracle 7.2.3 orainst was better.
>> >
>> > Has anyone else seen this?
>> >
>> > Thanks...
>> >
>> > --
>> > Matthew Carlson
>> > HP Cupertino (Palo Alto) Site
>> > IT Division
>> >

>> --
>> Robert Graf-Waczenski e-mail: rtgraf_at_sintec.de
>> Visit our web site! http://www.sintec.de

>I've experienced the same problem under HP-UX. My solution is to run svrmgrl.
>
>--
>John Freeman
>Atlanta, GA

This message points to a problem with the colour depth of your display.

svrmgrm can use only displays with 256 colors (at least no more than 256 colors).

I had the same problem with an Exceed X server running on Win95. After changing display settings on the Win95 PC from True Color to 256 colors all went fine.

Silvio Seifert
Foehrer Strasse 34
65199 Wiesbaden
Germany Received on Sun Sep 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT