Re: Scheduling Oracle Events from NT4

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebaek-consulting_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 12:41:58 +0100

I would go for Solomons Scheduler, it's much easier to set up that AT, and more powerful.

If you're running Oracle8 you could write an external procedure wrapping calls to SQL*Loader and Export and call these from PL/SQL (I've done that a while ago). Being able to call them from PL/SQL you can schedule the jobs with the Oracle scheduler, DBMS_JOB.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Finn

--

 Ellebaek Consulting ApS Finn Ellebaek Nielsen  Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th. Managing Director, Senior Consultant
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C        ellebaek-consulting_at_post3.tele.dk