Re: Cant find anything wrong with this code but it still errors

From: Johnny Tjokro <tjokroj_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/09/05

Dwight Crane wrote:

> Ok.. below is my code which appears to me to be flawfless... BUT
>
> this is the call of the function
>
> LERG_CLLI(recMatch.LEC_NPA, recMatch.LEC_NXX, recMatch.MCI_NPA, recMatch.MCI_NXX)
>
> the following section is the function the above calls....
>
> FUNCTION LERG_CLLI(sLECNPA IN VARCHAR2, sLECNXX IN VARCHAR2,sMCINPA IN VARCHAR2, sMCINXX IN VARCHAR2)
> RETURN VARCHAR2 IS RET_LERG_CLLI VARCHAR2(11);
> BEGIN
> SELECT LEC_SWTCH_CLLI INTO RET_LERG_CLLI
> FROM CIS_COLLO_T
> WHERE (LEC_NPA = sLECNPA) AND
> (LEC_NXX = sLECNXX) AND
> (MCI_NPA = sMCINPA) AND
> (MCI_NXX = sMCINXX);
> RETURN RET_LERG_CLLI;
> END;
>
> this is the ERROR message I get...
>
> (1):PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'LERG_CLLI'
>
> I do not see how this is an error????
> Dwight
> dwight.crane_at_mci.com

  Hi Dwight,
When you call this function, you have to make sure all the datatypes are matched.

Let say, you are calling this function with :

 v_Result := LERG_CLLI( .. );

and in your function you are defining RET_LERG_CLLI as VARCHAR2(11); Make sure that v_result has the same datatype ( in this case is VARCHAR2(11) )

Also make sure that all the datatypes variables :

sLECNPA IN VARCHAR2,
sLECNXX IN VARCHAR2,
sMCINPA IN VARCHAR2,

Match with the datatype in your table. (in this case CIS_COLLO_T table).

Hope it will help. Received on Sat Sep 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT