Re: Which rows broke my constraint?

From: Mohamad SALEH <msaleh_at_orsys.fr>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 12:29:49 +0200

Lee Pollington a écrit:

> I thought that Oracle might do something like this as I saw in the docs
> that you can add an 'exceptions into EXCEPTIONS' clause to an enable
> constraint command, which puts the RowID's of the rows that broke the
> constraint.

No. The mentioned clause is useful when you try to enable a constraint in spite of
the presence of rows violating it in the table. these rows would be ranged in the specified table.

If you want really to do what you want. you must use a trigger of your own. Received on Fri Sep 04 1998 - 05:29:49 CDT