PL/SQL, VB5, ODBC & Result Sets

From: Dieselm <dieselm_at_aol.com>
Date: 4 Sep 1998 00:21:41 GMT

Hello:
I need to return a result set from Oracle 8 into a VB5 program using ODBC/RDO. I mostly program in MS SQL Server and this is accomplished easily ie:

select * from table1

That is all that is required in a stored procedure. I can reference each column in the VB app rdoobj!col1, rdoobj!col2 etc.

How do I accomplish the same thing in Oracle PL/SQL? I've written packages that return a cursor variable and used it in SQL/Plus but that is useless in a vb app where I cant define a cursor variable.

Thanks!! Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 19:21:41 CDT